staring back at me
if I just let go
It’s so strange. During the week, I have all these blog worthy thoughts whirling through my head but when I actually sit down to write the post, all of the ideas just flee from me. Should I take notes during the week? Should I sneak moments to write bits and pieces then just post at the end of the week? I really don’t know.
So let’s go with bullet style musings of the random nature…
- Simon Kassianides keeps posting toddler of pictures of himself on Instagram. SO DAMN CUTE!!! First of all, he was, as my dad likes to say, HEALTHY as a wee one. I bet he got his cheeks pinched and kissed ALL THE TIME. Second, what a serious little one he was. He was mean mugging from the get-go, eh? Lastly, little Simon was a bit of an exhibitionist and proud of it. Also, he had awesome hair. I hope he keeps posting those shots because they are DELIGHTFUL.
- I woke up with the hubby yesterday morning at just after 2:30 AM so that I could be awake to watch my All Blacks play the Wallabies at 3:00 AM. The All Blacks made it worth my while! They had a fantastic first half. The could have done a bit better for the second half but I shouldn’t complain since the All Blacks defeated the Wallabies. Yah!
- Game of Thrones – Is there really only one more episode?! The penultimate episode was a doozy! I was seriously yelling at the tv at certain parts and then wanting to cry at other parts. I don’t want it to end! I don’t want to have to wait a year or whatever for the final season.
- The Hitman’s Bodyguard – I enjoyed this movie! In spite of the predictable plot points, I thought it was well done from the acting to the action to the humor. I’d definitely recommend it.
- Tomorrow is the solar eclipse! I was watching the twit.tv shows and one of the shows had photographer Scott Bourne on it and he suggested taking pictures of everything else instead of the the actual eclipse. Since I don’t have a camera capable of taking pictures of the sun, I thought how interesting it would be to take pictures of the ordinary stuff– the landscape, the shadows, the sky in such an odd light. So that’s my goal tomorrow. I have to work but I’ll sneak outside for some shots, especially at the height of it all (which is at about quarter after ten, I believe).
- I’m already starting to think of my November novel. I’m very likely going to write another romance story but I’m wondering if I should change things up a bit. Maybe change point of view? As an experiment, I started writing a story in the first person. Not sure how I like it yet. We’ll see when I get to the male point of view…