National Novel Writing Month is over!
Falling Into Place is the longest novel I’ve ever written (not including the still unfinished three-parter story I started a couple of years ago) and therefore the longest novel ever for National Novel Writing Month. It’s a first person point of view romance, alternating between the two characters. I hit the 50,000 word mark on November 21st then 60,000 words on the November 25th. (Whoa, did I write 10,000 words in four days? YOWSA!) I didn’t hit 70,000 words until November 30th at about 2230 hrs or so. I don’t know if anyone will read it but I have already started the editing process. I want to fix the grammatical errors and awkward phrasing but I’m finding myself already marking chunks I want to change or delete. Story-wise, I think I want to keep most of the plot points intact.
I had a lot of fun writing this particular story. Maybe it was because I was using a new muse for the main male character (thank you for the inspiration Simon Kassianides!). Maybe it was the challenge of writing in the first person. Maybe it was just all the plotting and outlining I did before November that just made me eager to finally get down to write this story. Maybe I just loved my characters so much. And I do love my characters. Hopefully my editing will make for a decent finished product.
- New San Francisco 49er jacket! – I love my new puffer jacket. Got it for sale and I’ve pretty much worn it every day since I got it. It’s warm and cute. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Niner jacket (I have plenty of A’s jackets and the one All Blacks jacket) so here I am, finally declaring my football love.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – We had our Christmas tree lighting on Friday night at City Park. I LOVE how we can walk downtown for city events. The tree lighting was nice. The performances were lovely, especially Iliana Viramontes (who’s apparently appeared on The Voice).
- I had a dream just last night that I met and hung out with Prince Harry. He asked me to look for his fiancé. So I went off and looked for Meghan Markle and found her with her family. I was allowed to go to her and we chatted and she was sweet but had really small hands. When I woke up from the dream, I realized I could have asked her about working with Simon on Suits. What the balls!
- Blindspot – Still loving this show! I do wonder if I would be watching it so religiously if Sullivan Stapleton wasn’t starring in it. Hmmm…
- We see Tyler Rich this Thursday!!! I’m excited! It feels like FOREVER since we’ve seen him. Not seeing him at the G Bar is a good thing to be sure but it makes me feel a little sad that we don’t get to see him as often. I can’t wait until he releases some new music! I want new music!!!
- Got a letter from futureme.org and it centered on my three months old regard for Simon Kassianides. I love doing the futureme.org letters. It’s weird to get a letter from myself that I wrote months or even a year ago. It’s like a time capsule.