Whenever people become exasperated by something, they declare that they will stop watching or stop using or stop buying whatever it is that has wrought their wrath. Some people have legitimate reasons for their positions and I totally understand those reasons but much of the time, it ends up being mere posturing and they slink back to watching or using or buying whatever it was that wrought their wrath.
So no, I’m not leaving the online places that I use. I’m staying and doing what I usually do. I know how to click the mute or block buttons so if someone annoys me, I know what to do. If I don’t like what’s going on, I’ll just stop using it. I’ve spent too much time choosing who to follow, muting words/phrases that I don’t want to see, etc to just leave without a fight. Or, in my case, going about my business. Besides, I like my username.
National Novel Writing Month – I am excited that in a couple of days, it’s time to write 50,000 words in 30 days! I can feel myself just itching to start writing, to see if I can get to the word total before November 30th. If I can do it, I’d like to get to 55k to 60k words but I will take anything over 50k. What I think I’m writing:
- title: Ikaw Lang, Mi Amor
- characters: Alessandra and Thiago
- genre: romance
I have most of the beginning and middle vaguely plotted in my head but after the middle, it’s much too hazy. I write in a mostly linear fashion so hopefully I have a better idea of the story’s end before I get to actually writing the middle. Fingers crossed!
And I know who’s playing Thiago in my story but Distraction Crush is making a play to turn my creativity upside down. I’m trying to focus on my November story but this other story keeps creeping around in my head because Distraction Crush wants me to use him again as the main fella. Wasn’t last year’s story enough, Distraction Crush? Damn, cool it and wait your turn.
The weather finally turned a little this past week and I was able to wear sweaters and long boots! YES! It’s not quite sweater weather during the warmest part of the day but we’re getting there. I even got to wear a pair of leggings that I recently bought. I am looking forward to the cooler weather. I want to wear my jackets and hoodies again.
We have an ofrenda set up in our building at work. It sits a bit behind me, in front of our building’s conference room. I find it comforting to look over and see the colorful trimmings and the pictures of loved ones. I added mine– a picture of my grandparents (mother’s side) and one of my favorite people who worked for the district until her passing…
I still haven’t posted my iPhone 14 Pro Max review. What the heck! It’s sitting in the drafts and I just haven’t gotten to reading it over to edit it. Oi. I’ll post it before the end of the year. (I can’t promise anything better because of NaNoWriMo.)
- House of the Dragon [HBO] – I watched this show with much wariness but it managed to overcome my misgivings. I enjoyed the show (minus the super dark scenes that didn’t need to be that damn dark, damn it) and I’m looking forward to the second season. Whenever that is.
- Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities [Netflix] – “Pickman’s Model” – Of course I wanted to watch this because Ben Barnes stars in it. A dutifully creepy episode that I definitely recommend.
- Andor [Disney+] – I am finding myself quite hooked by this show. As much as I’ve enjoyed the other Star Wars shows, this one might be my favorite. It feels much more nuanced, complex, and mature. I like this more complicated look into that universe…
- I’m trying the whole washing my hair every other day thing. It makes for quicker showers on the days I don’t wash my hair, which is nice. I wonder how much water we’re saving. I’m obviously using less shampoo and conditioner but now I feel like I might want some kind of second day hair product. I’ll ask my stylist next time I see her.
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife – This movie was on sale last week and we bought it then watched it. I really liked it. I thought it did a great job tying in to the original movie. There was just the right amount of nostalgia to go along with the new story. I enjoyed it very much.
- What the hell with Henry Cavill stepping down as Geralt in The Witcher?! And Liam Hemsworth is going to play the character for season four? I’m glad the show is getting another season but I’m a little flabbergasted that Henry won’t be playing Geralt. I’ll still watch it, I’m sure. But wow.
- But YES to Henry continuing to play Superman!!! When news of this came out, my heart just lifted. I LOVE him as Clark Kent/Kal-El and I hope he gets a proper sequel to Man of Steel. I want a proper sequel!